Boyle Mechanical Inc. is one of the Kawartha’s top-rated HVAC and plumbing companies. In business since 1997, we take pride in the fact that the success of our locally owned and operated business is due to quality workmanship and client referrals. We are looking to expand our operations and are in need of a qualified, experienced, and highly personable Office Administrator who is able to capably represent the Boyle Heating and Cooling brand.
Required Duties and Tasks:
- Provide exceptional first impressions by answering phones and greeting occasional “walk in” customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- General office administration, including correspondence with stakeholders, ordering supplies, inventory, filing, and making bank deposits.
- Basic bookkeeping duties, including invoicing customers and handing accounts payable, as well as performing bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for opening and closing duties on a regular basis.
- Assisting with marketing initiatives, including review of print ads and creation or review of online advertisements.
- Advising customers on value-added products and services related to the work being undertaken or considered.
Type of Work:
The work of an Office Administrator requires a versatile and effective multi-tasker who can easily shift gears depending on priorities. It may involve sitting for extended periods and requires the ability to safely lift 20 kg on a routine basis. The work is primarily indoors.
Though infrequent, after hours and overtime work may be required when called for; you must be a reliable team player. The position will interfaces directly with clients, often offering them a “first impression” – you must be comfortable in these situations favourable impression with clients. A friendly and outgoing disposition is a definite must – our primary goal is to hire for attitude and then train for aptitude.
Education or Training:
Office Administration or Accounting/Bookeeping Diploma with a minimum of five years experince is preferred. Previous experience in QuickBooks or a similar bookkeeping system is required. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word along with an ability to learn new software and systems is needed to succeed in the role. Previous HVAC or similar experience is preferred but not required; experience working in a small to medium sized business would be beneficial.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume via email to the attention of Mike Boyle, Proprietor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.